Return To Blog
Need a Denver Roofing Company? 5 Signs of Water Leakage and Top Prevention Ideas
April 6, 2016
Roof leaks happen. The best thing to do in these cases is to contact your local Denver roofer to resolve the situation. Why? Water damage can cause extensive damage to your home. Check out these five signs of water leakage and signs of issues that may arise.
When it comes to all things for roof repair, you can trust that Big Creek Roofing & Restoration will help you every step of the way! Whether you have spotted a leak or want to be sure you do not have one, we can help. Our professional team is equipped to handle a wide variety of roof repairs from a few broken shingles to major structural damage. No project is too big or too small! So keep your family safe from issues stemming from a leaky roof, give us a call at 303-877-8369 or fill out our contact form
- Ceiling Water Spots: Do you know what a water spot looks like? Usually you will know when you have them, and when you see these spots, especially if they are on the area closest to the roof, it is very likely that it is due to a leak. Typically this happens due to anything from issues with your roof’s flashing, missing shingles, holes, etc. It is even more likely to be an issue with the roof if the water spots are dark. The best way to be sure of the root of the problem is to have a roofing company in Denver take a look. They can resolve the issue quickly before your situation escalates.
- Cracked, Curling or Buckling Shingles: If you notice your shingles cracking, curling or buckling, you might have a leak and don’t even know it. This typically happens as they age and are constantly battling outdoor elements. It’s normal and just needs to be maintained. Seeing cracked shingles or granules in your gutters is a sign that you may have a leak—or may get one soon if you don’t fix the problem.
- Gutter Issues: How are your gutters looking? If they are clogged, rusting, sagging, or falling apart, you are setting yourself up for some issues. It is important to always keep your gutters clean to avoid this build up and problems.
- Mold: A dangerous sign of a water leak is mold. If you begin to see black spots appearing on your ceiling and/or ceiling corners, get a roofer out immediately to assess the situation. Mold can cause you and those in the home to experience uncomfortable symptoms such as sore eyes, congestion, sneezing, coughing, sore throats or itchy skin. Often times these may be misunderstood as allergies or a cold when in reality, they can be quite dangerous - especially in the case of black mold.
- Damp Areas or Standing Water: If you find any standing water in your home, depending on its location, it could be trickling from your roof. If the water is in a basement or main level, it may be a water leak from a pipe or plumbing issue—but isn’t always the case. The same idea goes for damp areas. If you notice a damp area on a level closer to the roof, it may be due to an issue with the roof.
to get started.